I’ve run into multiple Podcasts and blogs that talk about a program called 3 Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg and decided to check it out. It’s very simple actually. Saturday or Sunday, you pick three tiny habits you want to adopt for a week. Monday through Friday you do your tiny habit.
I haven’t signed up for the program, but I decided to give it a try. I couldn’t decide on just three habits though, but I did pick five habits I think are most important to what I want to accomplish in my life.
1. Quiet time after breakast every day.
2. Drink pop with lunch (trying to cut back on pop)
3. Track what I eat for lunch
4. Brush my teeth right after my daughter goes to bed.
5. Work on a side project 5 minutes a day. This can be programming, writing, or blogging.
I’m using a program called Sciral Consistency to track my habits. You could use paper & pencil, a spreadsheet or web application called Joe's Goals. I’m sure there are millions of other options, but those are the top ones I know of.